Is your Yahoo toolbar causing issues? Do you want to remove it? The Yahoo toolbar is an add-on that is installed in your web browser and redirects you to your links, bookmarks and favorite pages without you having to navigate to the Yahoo website. Slow browsing speed, security issues and homepage changes, are some of the reasons why you are probably experiencing issues with the Yahoo toolbar. However, do not worry, as all these issues can be solved by learning how to remove Yahoo toolbar from your browser. Here is a guide on disabling Yahoo toolbar.
- Close your Internet explorer application if it is opened.
- Go to the Control panel in your Start menu. Double click on the Add or remove Programs option to open up this panel.
- Locate the Yahoo toolbar in the list of programs and select it. Choose the Change/Remove option. If a prompt appears then click Ok or Yes to confirm your action and wait for a few minutes.
- Once finished another prompt will appear asking you to restart your system. Close the prompt and restart the computer. You will find Yahoo toolbar removed in the programs list.
You can also disable the Yahoo toolbar directly from your Internet explorer. Locate the Yahoo toolbar on the browser. There will be an Uninstall button situated on the left of the toolbar, click it. Confirm the action on the appearing prompt.
The toolbar’s icon can change depending on the IE version you are using. In IE 6 a pencil button icon indicates the toolbar. If you cannot locate the Uninstall button, it means it is probably hidden. Click the drop down button to unhide it.
How to remove Yahoo toolbar from Firefox
- Launch Firefox browser and select the Tools tab on the top.
- Click on Add-ons from the drop down menu.
- Search for Yahoo toolbar from the list of add-ons. You may also notice some extensions in the list depending on the Firefox version used.
- Right click it and then proceed to click Uninstall to disable it. Give confirmation of your action if a prompt appears by clicking Yes/Ok.
- When the Yahoo toolbar is disabled, close the application and restart Firefox again.
How to reinstall the Yahoo toolbar?
- If you wish to get access to your favorite pages and bookmarks, again you can download the Yahoo toolbar from the Yahoo website. Ensure you download the latest and compatible version for your PC. Sometime the Yahoo toolbar wholly causes the low speed, but this is not always the case. Check if you see any changes in browsing speed after deletion else contact your service provider.